Monday, January 24, 2011

Ready To Get My Yoga On!

Nancy- Toronto Canada
So this is it. One last day at work, one last chicken dinner, one last night in the safety of my condo, one last snuggle with my little dog, one last blog entry until I see a computer again.

Tomorrow I'm off for a month long adventure of spiritual enlightenment and yoga teacher training in Northern India.

And here is my thoughtfully selected wardrobe for the next month. Hmmm...how do I fit all of this in one 75 litre backpack?

After hours of folding, stuffing, squishing, re-packing, re-stuffing, re-squishing.. .. Success!!! It fits! (the zippers are about to pop but IT FITS!) And yes, that is a giant roll of toilet paper in a zip lock bag. Suggestion from Kym the wise traveller :) I will soon find out why she strongly suggested this key necessity.



So, some of you have asked me. How do you feel? Are you ready for this?
I'm nervous, excited, scared, hopeful.. did I say nervous?!?!  I embark on this trip with an open mind, free of expectations and completely open to whatever India has to teach me.  I'm sure it will be a trip full of lessons, challenges and experiences and it's up to me to make this what I want it to be (words of wisdom from Christine) It's true though, this is an experience of a lifetime and no matter what is thrown my way.. I must make the best of this.

So, to answer your question. Yes, I'm ready! Ready to realize a life-long dream. Ready to learn from the best in the place where it all began 2000 years ago. Ready to discover things I didn't know about myself. I'm Ready to get my yoga on!

**Stay tuned**

No comments:

Post a Comment