Thursday, January 13, 2011

Here and There

Nancy - Toronto Canada
I once kept a travel blog called Travelbug www.travelbug.easyjournal.com which helped me feel connected to friends and family at home even though I was so far away.  Now that I'm blogging for two (my future hubby and me) the blog has morphed into Travelbuggers. Travelbuggers is the story of our lives and adventures abroad. We hope you'll visit often and find our stories entertaining.

The past few weeks have been filled with a cocktail of emotions. Excitement of new opportunities, starting a life together and escaping Canadian winters! Stress from all the planning required to re-locate to another country and trying to juggle it all yet still make time for what's important (spending good time with family and friends) Fear of the unknown and the "to do" list that awaits us in Australia. Sadness for all the comforts and people that we have to say good bye (for now) to.

But mostly we are EXCITED! It's time for a change, it's time to shake things up A LOT. Travel is a passion of both of ours and we've dreamt about living abroad for many years. We've tried to live a healthier and more active lifestyle but busy Torontonian life and brutal cold winters seemed to get in the way of spending more time outdoors.  For years I've thought of taking yoga teacher training but again could never find the time to fit it in. And since high school I've dreamt of a beach house and bathing suit business in Australia. So this is the year to stop talking, wishing and waiting and start making dreams happen (maybe not the beach house or bathing suit business- but who knows?)  The following quote explains exactly why we are doing this:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain -

The first part of our journey unfortunately begins apart. Dean left for Australia on Monday and has spent the past few days doing rather normal things ie. opening a bank account, getting a phone set up, grocery shopping and trying to find us a shwanky new apartment!! Lucky him he's also been able to enjoy some of the more luxurious things like going for long runs in sunny Hyde Park and lazing on Bondi beach in his spare time... I'm a tad bit jealous. 

Back in Canada I prepare for my month long trip to India, wrap up all loose ends at work before I leave and organize the sale of all my possessions (including my condo and car) in preparation for my big move to Oz in March. So much to do, so little time.


No comments:

Post a Comment