Sunday, March 13, 2011

This is it...

Nancy- Toronto Canada

So this is it. My bags are packed, my apartment is sold, signed and pretty much cleared out, the seemingly endless "To Do" list is about 97% complete. I have three more sleeps in Canada, one last day at work and one final meal with my family then I'm off to explore my new life and home in Australia. Believe it or not, it still has not really hit me that this is actually a move not just another vacation or trip.

Yet again here's a picture of my skilled packing. I've managed to widdle my possessions down to 4 bags for the first trip and a small pile that can wait until I return at Christmas or possibly sooner for a visit.



Oh how I wish I could fit Railey in my carry on. I'm going to miss that little wiggly fur ball sooooo much and pray that everything goes smooth with his flight in May. I don't think I'll be able to feel settled until all of us are safe in Australia.



With India and the work trip to Italy it has been a rushed departure. However, I'm feeling very thankful for all my friends and family who have found the time to hang out one last time before I go.  I feel really fortunate to have such amazing people in my life and I'm going to miss you all very much. Thankfully social media can keep us connected in the mean time until we see each other again.

I have no idea what my "new life" will be like in Australia, it's exciting and scary all at the same time. But one thing I learned in India is to trust myself and the ability to handle whatever life throws at me. No point worrying about it, I'll figure it out... and intend to have a tone of fun in the process. 

1 comment:

  1. Some of the most fond and enjoyable memories in life come from unexpected times or times when we take a risk... Nancy and Dean, although you will be missed in Canada, I look forward to hearing all about the adventures you two have in Australia!!

    ReplyDelete